Nepal Visa Information
Indian Nationality do not need visa you can show your passport or Voters ID( Election Card) in the immigration.
Children below 15 years of age can travel with their aadhar card but valid school identity card is mandatory.
Nepal Visa is on arrival or online. You just need 2 passport size photos and pay certain fees.
On Arrival Visa Fees:
- 15 Days – 25 USD
- 30 Days – 40 USD
- 90 Days – 100 USD
For online visa please click here.
How to Enter
- By Flight:
If you are entering Nepal then the International Airport is located in Kathmandu Tribhuwan International Airport
- By Land:
All travellers coming to Nepal by land can enter through any of these entry points on the India- Nepal Border:
- Pani Tanki / Kakarbhitta
- Raxual / Birgunj
- Sunauli / Belahiya
- Rupaidiya / Nepalgunj
- Mohana / Dhangadi
-Banbasa / Mahendranagar & Gaddachauki
From China / Tibet
- Khasa,Liping/ Tatopani on the Tibet,China-Nepal border respectively.
Overland tourists entering the country with their vehicles must possess an international carnet (permit) or complete customs formalities.
Best Time to Travel
- Summer: March, April, May, June (Best)
- Winter: September, October, November and December (Best)
- Monsoon: July and August
Banks and other Financial institutions
- Banks and other financials institution is easily available in major cities i.e Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan and Lumbini.
- You can easily access the ATM centers in the city areas but if you go outside the city area there will be few ATM centers. Major cities like Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan you can get ATM centers nearby hotels or market.
- There are numerous restaurants in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan. As, being a tourist destination you can easily find multi cuisines like Indian, Chinese, European and many more. You can also get purely vegetarian restaurants in major cities. And hotels also serves varieties of cookeries.
Are credit cards accepted ?
- Yes, major credit cards are accepted in most places but please note 5% additional bank service charge will be applicable.
General Currency Used
- In Nepal we generally use Nepali Rupees (NPR). Most commonly used foreign currencies are Indian Rupees (INR), American Dollars (USD $), Pound Sterling (GBP £) and Euros (€). One can easily exchange foreign currency in the money exchange which will be available in numerous places. The exchange rate might differ from one money exchanger to other.
*Note: Please consult with our represebtative one week before your arrival as the government rules might change without a notice
- In Nepal we generally have the voltage of 220 v. and plug of two pins and three pins.
Food Cuisine & Restaurants (Fast food & Cultural)
- Major food in Nepal is Dal(lentils), Bhat ( Rice) and Tarkari (vegetables)
- One of the major and famous dish is MoMo (Dumpling) which is not to be missed.
- You can easily get Indian, Chinese, European cuisines in Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan and Nagarkot.
To enjoy the cultural cuisines of Nepal, you can visit Thakali restaurants serving one of the popular dishes of Nepal (Thakali set), Newari Kitchen restaurants serving multitudinous and tasty Newari food mostly popular among non-vegetarians.
* And many hotels have their own restaurants to ease their guests which have vegetarian and non vegetarian restaurants.
- Although overpopulation specially in cities have led to an emerging situation of environment crisis in Nepal, we Nepal Trip Planner (NTP) along with other responsible citizens are trying our best to cut out plastic, promoting prevention of food wastage, energy conservation by replacing the old bulbs with led lights and composting.
- Our international airport is located in Kathmandu (Capital) Tribhuwan International Airport TIA so all the Nepal travellers who are planning to travel by flight have to come Kathmandu.
- Royal Airlines (RA) is a national carrier of our country Nepal.
Airports connected with Kathmandu Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA)
- Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok and others.
For More Details: Please Contact Us